Why hire a professional resume writer?
Some job seekers underestimate the value of a professionally crafted resume and look at it as only a “piece of paper.” However — think about this: A $1 bill and a $1000 bill are “just paper” too. But, like a resume, their value is determined by what is printed on that paper! Invest in your future. Invest in yourself.
Take a look at what a job search can cost if you are unemployed:
- If you want a $20,000 salary, your weekly salary is $384.61 and an 18 week job hunt will cost you $6,992.98.
- If you want a $50,000 salary, your weekly salary is $961.54 and an 18 week job hunt costs you $17,307.69.
- If you want a $100,000 salary, your weekly salary is $1,923.08 and an 18 week job hunt costs you $34,615.38.
Investment level determined after a discussion surrounding specific client career goals and employment history.
Resumes custom created to support career advancement, transition or change and targeted toward specific career goals.
~Investment levels are offered as a guide. Your unique needs determine investment specifics.~
Basic Package: $325-$385
~Zero-two years’ work experience
~New college graduate, soon-to-graduate
~ Apprentice, journeyman
~Woven throughout the process, basic job search coaching helping to launch successful careers.
You invested all that time, energy, and money into getting your education. Don’t stop now. Invest in properly launching your career too!
Intermediate Package: $375-$450
~Two (2) to seven (7) years’ work experience
~Non-supervisory / non-managerial position, non-technical
~Career advancement, transition or change
Advanced Package: $405-$490
~Eight (8) plus years’ experience,
~Non-supervisory / non-managerial position
~Technical positions – IT, engineers, scientist
Supervisor / Management Package: $455-$540
~Supervise one or more individuals
~Manage department in small to mid-size organization
~Project or personnel management
Senior Management Package: $525-$620
~Department Director / Large Company Manager
~Small to mid size business owner
Executive Package: $655-$775
Each resume packages includes:
- A thorough 60-90 minute telephone consultation where we discuss career accomplishments and next-step goals.
- A custom resume geared toward a targeted position.
- A solid core cover letter ready for client customization to specific job opportunities.
- A follow-up phone call for edits, corrections, and clarifications.
- The resume in Microsoft Word (.doc), PDF and plain text format (.txt) and the cover letter in Word (.doc) and plain text (.txt).
- Fifteen (15) interview preparation handouts and the core of a thank-you letter.
- Indefinite file retention for future updates (and backup in the event of a computer crash, canceled email accounts or lost files).
- No charge updates to phone number or addresses.
Resume package add-ons:
- LinkedIn Profile – $225.00 (Available as add-on to resume package. Non-resume-client LI profiles equate to resume package investment levels.)
- Interview Prep Info (without resume/cover letter package) – $75. Includes more than eighteen(18) handouts covering possible interview questions, what YOU should ask during the interview, interview conduct and other topics, including the core of a thank-you letter for after the interview.
For the following services, investment levels determined by project scope:
- Cover Letter Only
- Custom Thank-You Letters
- Business Correspondence
- Special career writing assignments
- Updates to Resumes I HAVE WRITTEN in the past 2 years*** – usually 1/2 to 3/4 the investment level of current package price, depending on how long it has been since the last update, and current career goals.
- $145.00, billing on the quarter hour
- Payment due in full at booking, non-refundable.
- Payment accepted via credit card, processed via a virtual terminal or with a PayPal invoice I generate. PayPal invoices must be processed within 24 hours of receipt to hold agreed upon appointment date and time. VISA, MasterCard or Discover
- A money order or bank certified check sent via a traceable third-party carrier is an acceptable payment option, however, the appointment is not set until payment is received.
- I do not accept personal checks.
- Frequently, I am asked to “just update” resumes written by the client or another resume writer. Due to the diversity in writing styles, verbiage and constantly evolving formatting techniques, I usually DO NOT OFFER THIS SERVICE for resumes I have not written.
- I will entertain requests of this nature, BUT experience proves it is much more cost effective for clients to return to the original writer for their updates OR have me create a new career sales and marketing document from scratch.
- If you are a returning client, I do updates to documents I wrote as listed above. We’ll need to discuss current goals and target to determine the most equitable way to revise your presentation.
- ***If it has been more than 18 months to 2 years since your last update, you’ll probably need a whole new document. Approaches, styles and presentations evolve rapidly in the career industry. You’ll want the most up-to-date sales marketing documents touting your skills.
Ready to begin? Please contact me.