Why hire a professional resume writer?
Some job seekers underestimate the value of a professionally crafted resume and look at it as only a “piece of paper.” However — think about this: A $1 bill and a $1000 bill are “just paper” too. But, like a resume, their value is determined by what is printed on that paper! Invest in your future. Invest in yourself.
Take a look at what a job search can cost if you are unemployed:
- If you want a $20,000 salary, your weekly salary is $384.61 and an 18 week job hunt will cost you $6,992.98.
- If you want a $50,000 salary, your weekly salary is $961.54 and an 18 week job hunt costs you $17,307.69.
- If you want a $100,000 salary, your weekly salary is $1,923.08 and an 18 week job hunt costs you $34,615.38.
Investment level determined after a discussion surrounding specific client career goals and employment history.
Resumes custom created to support career advancement, transition or change and targeted toward specific career goals.
~Investment levels are offered as a guide. Your unique needs determine investment specifics.~
Basic Package: $275-$325
~Zero-one year’s work experience
~New college graduate, soon-to-graduate
~ Apprentice, journeyman
~Woven throughout the process, basic job search coaching helping to launch successful careers.
Intermediate Package: $325-$385
~Two (2) to seven (7) years’ work experience
~Non-supervisory / non-managerial position
~Career advancement, transition or change
Advanced Package: $350-$415
~Eight (8) plus years’ experience,
~Non-supervisory / non-managerial position
~Technical positions – IT, engineers, scientist
Supervisor / Management Package: $400-$475
~Supervise one or more individuals
~Manage department in small to mid-size organization
~Project or personnel management
Senior Management Package: $475-$565
~Department Director / Large Company Manager
~Small to mid size business owner
Executive Package: $600-$710
Each resume packages includes:
- A thorough 60-90 minute telephone consultation where we discuss career accomplishments and next-step goals.
- A custom resume geared toward a targeted position.
- A solid core cover letter ready for client customization to specific job opportunities.
- A follow-up phone call for edits, corrections, and clarifications.
- The resume in Microsoft Word (.doc), PDF and plain text format (.txt) and the cover letter in Word (.doc) and plain text (.txt).
- Fifteen (15) interview preparation handouts and the core of a thank-you letter.
- Indefinite file retention for future updates (and backup in the event of a computer crash, canceled email accounts or lost files).
- No charge updates to phone number or addresses.
**Add an additional $45 to any package price if you want the information burned to a CD and hard copies “snail-mailed”
Resume package add-ons:
- LinkedIn Profile – $175.00 (Available as add-on to resume package. Non-resume-client LI profiles equate to resume package investment levels.)
- Interview Prep Info (without resume/cover letter package) - $45. Includes more than fifteen (15) handouts covering possible interview questions, what YOU should ask during the interview, interview conduct and other topics, including the core of a thank-you letter for after the interview.
For the following services, investment levels determined by project scope:
- Cover Letter Only
- Custom Thank-You Letters
- Business Correspondence
- Special career writing assignments
- Updates to Resumes I HAVE WRITTEN*** – usually 1/2 to 3/4 the investment level of current package price, depending on how long it has been since the last update, and current career goals.
- $125.00, billing on the quarter hour
- Payment due in full at booking, non-refundable.
- Payment accepted via credit card, processed via a virtual terminal or with a PayPal invoice I generate. PayPal invoices must be processed within 24 hours of receipt to hold agreed upon appointment date and time. VISA, MasterCard or Discover
- A money order or bank certified check sent via a traceable third-party carrier is an acceptable payment option, however, the appointment is not set until payment is received.
- I do not accept personal checks.
- Frequently, I am asked to “just update” resumes written by the client or another resume writer. Due to the diversity in writing styles, verbiage and constantly evolving formatting techniques, I usually DO NOT OFFER THIS SERVICE for resumes I have not written.
- I will entertain requests of this nature, BUT experience proves it is much more cost effective for clients to return to the original writer for their updates OR have me create a new career sales and marketing document from scratch.
- If you are a returning client, I do updates to documents I wrote as listed above. We’ll need to discuss current goals and target to determine the most equitable way to revise your presentation.
- ***If it has been more than 18 months since your last update, you’ll probably need a whole new document. Approaches, styles and presentations evolve rapidly in the career industry. You’ll want the most up-to-date sales marketing documents touting your skills.
Ready to begin? Please contact me.